The People Plan WORKSHOP
(kinda like our HR toolbox, but with Sage Wedding Pros – *live* – in your city)
The People Plan is a 1-day workshop
that navigates ALL the ins and outs
of creating a team of superstars.
Because you can’t do it all yourself!
(Scroll down to see everything that is included.)
Need Help with Your Hiring, Training and Managing of Contractors, Employees & Interns?
Join us in 2017!
May 9 – San Francisco
(We are considering workshops in Seattle, Houston, and New York.
If you’re interested in one of these cities, or another, let us know here.)
The People plan workshop will cover the following areas. The People Plan book and electronic forms and worksheets are included in the fee of $600.
PREPARING TO HIRE
- Are you ready to hire? Can you afford it?
- Should you take on an intern, contractor or employee? (And why your contractor and intern are probably illegally classified.)
- What IRS paperwork do you need BEFORE you hire?
- What’s the difference between Exempt and Non-exempt? (Should I be paying overtime?)
- What is Equal Opportunity Employment?
- What is “at-will” employment?
FINDING AN EMPLOYEE
- How to write a winning job description
- Where and HOW to find good employees
- Why resumes matter and what to look for
- How to keep track of all the applicants and separate good from bad
- How to conduct an interview and ask the right (and the legal) questions
HIRING A SUPERSTAR!
- How to select a winner
- How to make a job offer (the right way)
- What is the tax and legal paperwork I need to have?
- What are I-9s, W4s, W9s?
- Non-disclosure agreement (and should I have them sign a non-compete?)
TRAINING YOUR TEAM
- How to foster a loyal team
- How to be a mentor, not a boss
- How to train employees
- Why training NEVER ends
MANAGING LIKE A LEADER
- What you should be doing every day and every week with your staff
- How to resolve employee conflict
- How to conduct employee reviews
- How to let go of an employee
- What payroll options are there?
- And, what are the ongoing tax requirements?
AND – lunch! Because growing businesses makes us HUNGRY.