The People Plan WORKSHOP
(kinda like our HR toolbox, but with us – *live* – in your city)
The People Plan is a 1-day workshop
that navigates ALL the ins and outs
of creating a team of superstars.
(Scroll down to see everything that is included.)
Need Help with Your Hiring, Training and Managing of Contractors, Employees & Interns?
Join us in 2017!
We will be creating our schedule for 2017 soon.
(If you’re interested, let us know here. If we get a big demand in any location, we’re open to go anywhere.
You may have missed us in Atlanta, DC, Dallas, Chicago, New York, Orange County, and Seattle – but maybe we’ll revisit in 2017 if you let us know. 🙂 )
The People plan workshop will cover the following areas. The People Plan book and electronic forms and worksheets are included in the fee of $599.
PREPARING TO HIRE
- Are you ready to hire? Can you afford it?
- Should you take on an intern, contractor or employee? (And why your contractor and intern are probably illegally classified.)
- What IRS paperwork do you need BEFORE you hire?
- What’s the difference between Exempt and Non-exempt? (Should I be paying overtime?)
- What is Equal Opportunity Employment?
- What is “at-will” employment?
FINDING AN EMPLOYEE
- How to write a winning job description
- Where and HOW to find good employees
- Why resumes matter and what to look for
- How to keep track of all the applicants and separate good from bad
- How to conduct an interview and ask the right (and the legal) questions
HIRING A SUPERSTAR!
- How to select a winner
- How to make a job offer (the right way)
- What is the tax and legal paperwork I need to have?
- What are I-9s, W4s, W9s?
- Non-disclosure agreement (and should I have them sign a non-compete?)
TRAINING YOUR TEAM
- How to foster a loyal team
- How to be a mentor, not a boss
- How to train employees
- Why training NEVER ends
MANAGING LIKE A LEADER
- What you should be doing every day and every week with your staff
- How to resolve employee conflict
- How to conduct employee reviews
- How to let go of an employee
- What payroll options are there?
- And, what are the ongoing tax requirements?
AND – lunch! Because growing businesses makes us HUNGRY.