Yesterday I shared my thoughts on the slow sales cycle that seems to be happening in the wedding industry right now. I’m reposting this article from a couple years ago to share my thoughts on being proactive about your sales.
When things slow down a little, it’s natural to turn inward and start organizing, filing, sorting. We want to take advantage of the quiet time to get things in order. This is all well and good, but it’s WRONG.
When sales are slow… it’s time to get off your butt and promote, network, SELL!
I’m re-posting this from a few months ago… it’s super-applicable to this week’s topic.
10 WAYS to PROMOTE your BUSINESS NOW:
- Email 10 vendors to arrange a coffee date (new contacts and old ones)
- Send 10 thank you notes to people you admire
- Arrange a venue/site visit (get to know the catering manager at a venue)
- Call a fellow colleague and ask them how they are promoting their business – brainstorm together
- Follow up on clients who’ve inquired and not yet replied to you (I do this every 3-5 days until I hear back from that person)
- Organize a networking event
- Join a networking group; attend a group meeting
- Volunteer at an event
- Attend a networking event
- Create a fun “mailer” – something catchy and fun for people to learn more about you and your business
When the email and phonecalls from inquiries have slowed down, it’s time for you to speed up! People refer the last person they met with (often – not always) because the person is fresh on their minds.
Get out there… do the hustle!