I love the NPR series called This I Believe. Whenever I hear people on the show talk about their beliefs (some heartfelt, some silly, some sad) it makes me think of my own beliefs. It makes me ask the question: What do I believe? And, then a flurry of thoughts come to mind… too fast for me to process.
I thought I’d try to capture some of those thoughts… so that you can learn a little more about me…
This I Believe…
- I believe the wedding industry is a beautiful melting pot of art, science, soul, talent, love, smarts, discipline, whimsy, chance, impulse, planning, laughter, colors, numbers, lists, and guts.
- I believe starting a business takes courage, running that business takes resourcefulness, and sticking with it takes discipline.
- I believe cheese is the most delicious food in the world.
- I believe anyone in the world can become good at anything at which they practice.
- I believe you don’t need to be an expert at everything in your business. You should have a good understanding of everything that goes on in your business. But, you should be an expert in hiring people who are experts in certain facets of your business.
- I believe in karma.
- I believe in sharing.
- I believe in collaborating.
- I believe that people who are really good at managing others are so good because they are actually mentors not managers.
- I believe that babies are way more hilarious than grown ups.
- I believe that if you don’t take time for yourself on a regular basis, you will burn out.
- I believe that numbers don’t lie and that is why everyone needs to know their numbers.
- I believe that movies are the greatest technological and artistic invention (way better than the internet).
- I believe you can live the life you want but that you have to build that life for yourself.
- I believe colleges should have a personal finance 2-credit course requirement before graduation.
- I believe weddings are the only time you’ll ever have all (or most) of your favorite people in the world in one room.
- I believe we are so fortunate to have engaged couples put their weddings in our hands.
- I believe that people should focus as much on their marriage as they do on their wedding.
Now you… what do you believe??? (Post a comment below!)