We are so excited to share that Sunny Grosso, Culture Chief at Delivering Happiness (a Zappos company), will be joining us at this December’s Be Sage Conference at Hilton Head Island! Sunny has an expert perspective on applying the science of happiness into the work place. Sunny will share with us how to apply a sense of culture and purpose into our businesses – which starts first with the employees. We are BIG BIG fans of Zappos CEO Tony Hseih’s book Delivering Happiness and we’re counting down the days until we can learn from her!
A little more about Sunny …
Sunny’s mission is to inspire others to live BIG by being true to themselves and following their purpose. She is passionate about realizing this through positive work cultures.
Through her diverse journey Sunny has been a wellness researcher, saké trainer, ultra-runner, one of the world’s first happiness coaches and, finally, a global culture consultant.
She held key developmental roles in several business start-ups before becoming a founding member of the Delivering Happiness (DH) consulting team, co-founded by Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos.com.
As the Culture Chief at DH, Sunny co-built the model, developed the approach and led the services team. She is one of the few Core Coaches and is personally responsible for improving the culture at hundreds of organizations around the world.
Internally at DH, Sunny is known as the Culture Godmother, applying the science of happiness with real-time guidance to continually evolve their culture. This has been an especially key role since DH shifted to an innovative structure based on Holacracy where the team is self-managed and purpose driven.
But her street cred comes from her role as one of the world’s first happiness consultants and a Zappos culture expert. She has been an impassioned thought leader in the culture movement and featured in books such as The Decoded Company and publications like Fast Company. As one client noted: Sunny is more than a name, it’s how she lives.
What you’ll learn from Sunny…
- Core Values – Learn the top secrets of creating core values in an actionable, meaningful way that drives results.
- “Culture is Everyone’s Business” – explore the significance of this phrase and how it ties directly to company success.
- “Culture is your Brand & Brand is your Culture” – discover how this worked for Zappos and how it can work for you.
- Happiness Frameworks – Explore how the Happiness Frameworks of Connectedness, Sense of Progress, Sense of Control, Passion and Purpose can be tied to metrics and used to build culture.
- Purpose – the role of vision, meaning or higher purpose as a guidance system for decision-making, growth, focus and strategy.
We can’t wait to learn from you, Sunny!
We’ll see you in Hilton Head this December 4-7! You can register for Be Sage Conference here.