YAY! Betsy Butwin will be joining us at Be Sage Conference this November 1-3 in Dallas. Betsy joined us last year and her talk was one of the most well-received. She is a treasure trove of legal advice and input! (And, she’s also a sweetheart.)
Our strategy with Be Sage Conference is pretty straight-forward. We create a list of questions that experienced wedding pros come to us with. SO MANY of those questions are legal:
- what do I do if someone is defaming me online?
- what do I do if someone has stolen my website content?
- how do I protect my business from copycats?
- how do I protect my secret sauce?
- can I copyright a floral design?
- my clients want cupcakes with Mickey Mouse on them… can i do that?
- can I trademark a business with my personal name in it?
(I’m gonna stop there… I could go on for daysssssss.)
We’ve asked to speak on how to protect your intellectual property.
Here’s a little more about Betsy:
Betsy works with business and corporate clients in the wedding, music, scientific, and creative industries. She helps entrepreneurs launch their businesses, draft and negotiate contracts, and manage their intellectual property.
Prior to moving back home to Minneapolis to practice law, she worked for record labels in New York City and clerked for a large music industry law firm in Los Angeles.
In her spare time, Betsy enjoys spending time with her family and friends, exploring the Twin Cities ever-evolving restaurant scene, and seeing live music.
Here are 3 of Betsy’s core values that speak to how she works with her clients:
1) Provide quality and friendly service to clients
2) Operate efficiently and ethically to keep the cost of our services as reasonable as possible
3)Let clients know that they are the most important people in our business
We’ll see you this November in Dallas!
BE SMART. BE BRIGHT. BE SAGE.
Registration is open for Be Sage Conference.