We have a lot of new wedding planners ask us how they can get their jump start on wedding planning. We always tell them they need 2 things:
- learn the trade (learn the actual wedding planning – the craft)
- learn the business (learn how to run a business – the ‘behind the scenes’)
I want to share with you a educational seminar that combines both… REFINE Workshop from The Wedding & Event Institute.
Here’s a bit about the workshop from The Wedding & Event Insitute…
The REFINE Workshop is a degree level program combining both formal online training with an intensive hands-on workshop and is the first of its kind to offer both aspects. The program is designed for aspiring and novice wedding planners who want tangible tools and solid takeaways to improve and grow their businesses.
Designed for wedding planners with less than five years in the industry seeking to start or restart their businesses correctly, our Director of Wedding Education Alison Howard, leads the hands-on workshop providing attendees with all the tools, templates, and procedures that she personally developed and uses in her own wedding planning company, Alison Howard Events.
In addition to the workshop there is also an online component, which has been developed over a number of years by the course specialists at the Wedding and Event Institute and has been given the formal ISES tick of approval. This segment can be completed either before or after attending the workshop.
Guest speakers include Christopher Confero an inspired lighting, graphic and floral designer, deemed by The Knot founder Carley Roney as the “talk of the south,” and Lauren Grove of Every Last Detail, a nationally acclaimed wedding blog with a focus on personal details and the education of brides.
We are currently offering two more dates for 2014:
- Dallas – 29-30 September 2014
- New York – 15-16 October 2014
Day 1 – Sales and Marketing
- Identifying Your Target Market
- The Power of Branding
- Selling Your Services
- Using Social Media
- The Pricing Point
- Using Video within Your Marketing
- Blogging as a Marketing Tool
- Selling to Millennials
- Building Effective Networks
Day 2 – Working With Clients
- The Alison Howard Wedding Planning Process
- The Client Experience
- Understanding Your Client
- Responding to Inquiries
- Email Tips & Strategies
- Life/Work Balance
- Conducting Consultations
- Coordinating a Wedding Rehearsal
- Trend-Spotting and Setting your Wedding Business Apart
- The Secret of Successful Styled Shoots
- Harnessing Inspiration & Using Story Boards
- The Psychology of Color in Weddings
- Branding Your Wedding Business
- The Business of Blogging
- Setting Up A Social Media Strategy in the Wedding Industry
- Getting Published and Maximizing PR
- Pricing Your Services
- The Mindset of Selling to Wedding Clients
Upon successful completion of both the workshop and the online component you will be able to apply for Master Level Certification – CWP+M – Certified Wedding Planner Master Level™.
For more details or for registration please visit our website: www.weddingandeventinstitute.com/workshops