When you bring on a new employee, what is your ‘onboarding’ procedure? How do you get them up to speed on everything that matters in your business? And, how do you communicate your policies and procedures to them?
Do you have an employee handbook?
What is an Employee Handbook?
An employee handbook is a guide of company rules, protocols, and standards. It defines the following for employees:
- Vacation and time off policy
- Workplace expectations (attire, attendance, schedules, etc.)
- Employee classifications
- Safety guidelines
- Review policies and compensation guidelines
- Discipline and termination policies
… and soooo much more.
This is different from a process binder, systems procedures, or checklists for the actual doing of responsibilities. THE HANDBOOK gives the rules for what it means to be an employee of your company.
Why is an Employee Handbook so important?
As an employer you should consider incorporating an Employee Handbook into your company’s hiring procedures for the following reasons:
- Ensures that new employees are given guidance on the expectations you have for them.
- Consistent policies applied to all employees ensure that everyone is treated equally and fairly.
- The handbook serves as protocol for confusion, conflict, and problem-resolution with employees.
- Sets boundaries for both employers and employees.
We’ve created an easy-peasy Employee Handbook template!
Kelly has taken her previous experience as an HR Director for Starbucks and put it into an easy-handbook here for you. VOILA! The template will allow you to hit the ground running with your company’s employee procedures. No need to recreate the wheel… we’ve done it for you. 😉
How to use the Employee Handbook template:
This is a guide for you to make your own. We have given you all the verbiage and mumbo-jumbo… it’s up to you to add and subtract the pieces that are relevant for your business.
Purchase The Employee Handbook Template Here for $50:
The People Plan Bundled with The Handbook for $200
Need help with any of this? Reach out to us at kelly-at-sageweddingpros.com or michelle-at-sageweddingpros.com