I started writing this blog in March 2009. I wanted to connect with other wedding pros nationwide in an effort to bring sales to my invitation business. (I love networking!) I had wanted to write a blog for some time, but I’m not a creative writer and I knew I would run out of ‘pretty vocabulary’ after a while. Business – on the other hand – well, I could write about business FOREVER.
Little did I know that Sage Wedding would evolve into a venture of it’s own. Kelly partnered with me a few months later. Since then when we launched The Simple Plan, Thursday Therapy, and The People Plan. We’re working on a new conference for 2014. (And – we have something else on the books with our business plan coaching too!)
In the first 3 years I committed to writing 1 post each weekday. I knew that I had to build a routine of writing continuously in order to stay focused. (It’s an ‘all or nothing’ attitude. I recommend it for big goals you might have in your business.) And, since then we’ve tapered to 2-3 posts/week.
While this quantity is impressive by any blogging standard, I do hope that the quality has been valuable for your business.
It is INCREDIBLE to me that we are about to hit 1000 published posts in 2 weeks.
**** ONE THOUSAND POSTS!!!! **** (can you believe it?!)
Will you help us celebrate?!?!?!??!?
We want to give away 4 mini mentoring sessions on Monday, November 4th. (This will be our 1000th post day!) And – we’ll also throw in our easy-peasy goal books. (These have only been released at our workshops. so, they’re a special treat.)
Here’s what you have to do:
- Post an image on Instagram, facebook, or Twitter that shows you working ON your business. (We want to see the behind the scenes of your business! Show us the blood, sweat, tears… the hard stuff. The stuff no one sees, but shows the true soul of business ownership.) Get creative! Have fun!
- Make sure to call out our handle “Sage Wedding Pros” in the post. (For Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, we are “@SageWeddingPros”.)
- And, include a tag: #SageWeddingPros1000Posts
- Make sure your image is public so that we can see it.
- Kelly and I will each pick 2 of our favorite images. We’ll announce winners on Monday, November 4th. And, we’ll email the winners to schedule a mini-mentoring session of 30 minutes on phone or skype. You can ask us for help with ANYTHING!
- We’ll also snail-mail you our easy-peasy goal books that we’ve only released to attendees of our workshops.
- You can submit up to 5 images.
- Contest ends Sunday, November 3rd at 12pm EST.
- Mentoring session must be scheduled before December 15, 2013 or you forfeit your prize.