The term “impressions” is used to define the number of times an ad is displayed online, whether it is clicked on or not. I like to think of impressions in a broader scope in terms of your marketing. I define impressions as the number of times your business is seen ANYWHERE.
An impression can be:
- An email you send a colleague to connect with them.
- Being seen at a networking event.
- Being featured on a blog.
- A postcard sent to a past client saying hello.
- Being seen in my facebook feed (or twitter or instagram or pinterest).
- A coffee date with a colleague.
- AND – being seen in an ad (online or in print).
Each time you are seen, you make an impression. And, it’s important to be seen in lots of places so that people remember you. It’s all a part of being visible.
How many impressions are you making?