In this series we’re learning about our colleagues. What exactly is the value that they can bring a client of yours? And how does that affect your business? Learn about other wedding pros and learn how to refer them to brides and grooms working with you.
How to know that a bride could use a wedding planner…
It’s actually fairly easy to tell when a bride would benefit from having a professional planner. Here are some signs:
- If the bride or groom appear stressed or overwhelmed by the planning or design process, they would benefit from some professional help. Just a few hours with a professional planner can get help the couple pull together an overall design, create a task list or get organized.
- If you have clients who work a lot, have busy careers or who are not that interested in wedding planning, recommending a professional planner is a great option. The planner can take the lead and manage the process so the clients can choose to be involved in only the details that interest them.
- If a bride is calling you frequently or seems to be “freaking out”, she would benefit from having an experienced planner help her out and calm her nerves.
- If any parents are involved and there are challenging relationship dynamics, a wedding planner can be a neutral third party who handles the planning process and communication related to the wedding.
- A couple having a destination wedding will always benefit from hiring an event planner who knows the area, understands the logistics of their venue and who has worked with local vendors.
- The couple wants a designer wedding but they do not have natural design ability. A talented event stylist or event designer can create and pull together styles that are beyond what most people can imagine.
Questions that you can ask before referring a wedding planner…
Simply ask, “Have you hired a wedding planner or coordinator yet?” or
“Who will be in charge of the wedding day schedule and logistics?” or
“Do you have a professional helping you with the planning?”
If they have not hired anyone, this is the perfect time for a vendor to make a few recommendations for local wedding planners.
The value that an experienced planner can bring to the wedding…
An experience professional planner knows all the nuances of weddings. They have worked with many local vendors and can match the bride and groom with the reputable professionals who fit their style, budget and personality. This alone can save couples 25+ hours of research and meetings to find their vendors.
A planner can keep the couple organized and on track with planning tasks and vendor payments.
An experienced planner can project accurate budget numbers based on what clients want. A good planner can tell clients when their expectations don’t match the budget they have. Experienced planners can also advise couples on where to splurge and where to save so they can have the biggest impact with their budget.
An event designer or wedding planner can create the wedding day that is truly based on their client’s personality and style. Planners know how to pull out ideas and visions from clients then create their dream event.
Join us tomorrow… Tara Bliven of Ephemera Inc. shares information on how to refer custom stationery to your clients.